./312/chicago.....

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Pick me, pick me!

So I submitted my application using Vizio's webform the same day (nano-seconds) after I read the invite. General name, address, phone and email were required but Vizio also wanted to know what kind of broadband access I had, how may computers were in my household, the number of hours I watched TV and used the Internet and if I did both simultaneously. They asked if I subscribed to Netflix or Amazon for video streaming and if I used any music streaming sites (Pandora and Slacker are my favorites right now). The form was short and left me feeling that the recipient could not possibly see how I was the PERFECT candidate for their testing program based on my limited answers. But I crossed my fingers, toes, Ethernet cables, hairs on my head and prayed to whatever divine HDTV being is out there.


IT WORKED!!! I received a call from a very nice Vizio representative, who stated what badge number has been assigned to her, letting me know that I had been chosen for the program. She asked a few more questions regarding what other devices I was planning on connecting to the TV. Before I answered, I thought to myself, here's my chance to let em know how good of a candidate I am, fearing that they could revoke the offer at any moment during the call. I began to explain how I would utilize EVERY input the TV offered, with gaming consoles (PS3, Wii, XBOX and even my old school consoles going back to the original NES my girlfriend owns), media HDD devices, laptops, desktops, DVD players (both standard and upconverting), HDTV via cable, satellite and off-air and anything else I could connect to the TV! I also explained that I would be using EVERY application that they offered including subscription based services like Netflix. She was very pleased with my answers and was quite content that I would be giving the TV such thorough stress tests. And all I needed to do was buy the TV. 


Now I've been waiting for the VF552XVT to come out since I saw the reviews from CES 2009. So that's the set I picked. The best part is that Vizio discounted it $200 less than retail! I'll get an email when the TV ships. Cant wait!!!






Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home